- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local;
How can the job daemon (jobd) be made to wake up and check for jobs more or less often than the default interval (every 5 minutes)?
1. Log onto server and check for existing jobd process:
ps -ef | grep xxxdb | grep jobd
2. Kill the existing process, if any.
3. In /m1/voyager/xxxdb/sbin, start jobd and specify how frequently, in seconds, you wish for jobd to wake up and check for new jobs:
(this will set jobd to wake up every 180 seconds, or 3 minutes)
Not typically recommended or necessary to adjust the default setting. Most often, this adjustment will be made by Support for testing or troubleshooting. jobd will resume its default interval the next time Voyager is restarted.
Category: Global data change (GDC)
- Article last edited: 4/24/2014