- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Received this error when attempting to import OCLC record into Voyager Cataloging Client:
Record #1 in import file failed the Unicode conversion. Unable to display the record.
The message that you're seeing indicates that Voyager is not able to successfully convert the character encoding using the Expected Character Set as configured in your cataloging client preferences.
That could mean a couple of things:
- The records are not actually in the Expected Character set ; or
- There is a character or characters in the records that Voyager cannot interpret.
When we see this message, it's usually #1, and there's a couple of ways to resolve it:
- Try changing the Expected Character Set of Imported Records in Cataloging > Options > Preferences > Mapping and see if the client is able to convert the record then.
- For example, try: "MARC21 MARC-8 (non-Unicode)"
- If your OCLC client is configured so that the record's character set is converted to something other than the OCLC character set when it's saved to a file, change this so that it saves the records with the original character set.
- Article last edited: 17-Sep-2019