- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: all
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
When you charge an already charged item to a different patron (prompting Voyager to give a block message stating 'Item is charged to another patron. Item will be discharged before charging out to this patron', which requires an override), the Due Date that displays in the discharge window is the new due date assigned by the new charge, not the due date from the original transaction that was just discharged.
Issue VYG-7965 is with Development.
1. Find an item that is already charged out to a patron
2. Select a barcode from the above query, look it up in Circulation (Item>Search>Barcode), click on the Charged To icon and note the Due Date
3. Find a patron (not the one the item is currently charged to), and charge that item barcode out to that patron
4. Override the 'Item is charged to another patron. Item will be discharged before charging out to this patron' block, and note the new Due Date
5. Click into the Discharge window – you'll see the new due date in the Due Date column, not the original due date noted in step 2
This is a display bug; if you check circ_trans_archive for the transaction, you'll see that the original due_date is preserved there.
- Article last edited: 02-Mar-2022