- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Can patron data in Voyager be protected from being overwritten?
- In the Circulation Client you can restrict operators from adding, deleting and editing patron records via the SYSADMIN > Security > Circulation Profiles > Profile 2 tab
- In the "legacy" patron update there is no protection from overwriting existing records if they match. See the Technical User's Guide, Chapter 7.
- In the XML patron update you can use the <action> element to protect existing records. By setting that element to "insert" new records are added, but no existing records are modified. See the Technical User's Guide, Chapter 5.
- Article last edited: 30-Jul-2019