- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.1.0
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
If the user has chosen the same default item type in the session defaults in the Cataloging module and in the Initial Default Item Type in SysAdmin, after closing the Cataloging module and logging back in, Item Type in Options>Preferences> Item Defaults will be blank and appears to have reset.
Voyager will still use the correct item type as the default, but the display issue makes it seem as though the preferences have been erased.
Issue VYG-6417 is resolved for Voyager 9.2.0 and higher.
1. Set Options>Preferences>Item Defaults>Item Type in Cataloging as 'book'.
2. Set Cataloging>Policy Definitions>Locations>Initial Default Item Type in SysAdmin for your location to 'book'.
3. Log out of both modules, log back in to Cat, and check the Item Type. It should be blank, with nothing showing up in the dropdown.
4. If you attempt to create a record, Voyager will correctly choose 'book' as the default item type.
Not applicable; functionality is not impacted, only display.