- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9
* Lost items, returned before fines are charged to bursar account, result in a credit in the bursar SIF without a counteracting fine being charged.
* Sys Admin > Ciruclation > Policy Definitions > Policies > "Posting type for crediting returned lost item fines:" is set to "Bursar Refund."
* In Sys Admin > Ciruclation > Policy Definitions > Policies; Lost Item Return: remove overdue fines, Lost Item Return: remove replacement fee, or Lost Item Return: remove processing fee are checked.
This is the result of issue: VYG-6123
Issue: VYG-6123 is currently in development.
1. On the Voyager server create a bursar configuration file, and run Pbursar to insure that only fines/credits related to replications appear in the next SIF.
2. In Sys Admin > Circulation > Policy Definitions > Policies tab; check the boxes for Lost Item Return: remove processing fee, Lost Item Return: remove replacement fee, and Lost Item return: remove overdue fines.
3. Set the "Posting Type for crediting returned lost item fines" to Bursar Refund
4. In circulation, charge an item to a patron.
5. Change the due date of the item such that the item will be considered lost, per the Policy Definition.
6. On the Voyager server, run Pcircjob -j12.
7. Discharge the now lost item.
8. On the Voyager server, run Pbursar
9. View the resulting sif.burs.* file. Note that only credits for the lost item appear in the SIF.
Insure that Pbursar is run immediately after Pcircjob -j12 is run, or set the "Posting type for crediting returned lost item fines:" to "Forgive", requiring bursar charges to be forgiven manually.
Category: Batch jobs - Voyager
- Article last edited: 9/4/2014