- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Overview of the Circbib.cfg and Acqbib.cfg bib templates.
A library staff member can add brief bibliographic, holdings, and item records to the Voyager database from both the Voyager Circulation and Acquisitions staff clients.
- In Circulation, the library staff member uses the “Add Bib/Item” window. This action is sometimes called adding an item “on-the-fly.”
- In Acquisitions, the library staff member uses the “Purchase Order” window to choose “Add Line (Template)”, for the Add Bib/Item window.
Voyager uses the Circbib.cfg and/or Acqbib.cfg files that are located on the library staff member’s computer to configure the template fields that display on the Bib tab when staff create a bibliographic record in the Circulation or Acquisitions clients.
You can open these files in a text editor like Notepad to see their contents.
- The templates only determine the fields on the Bib tab;
- In Circulation, the fields on the Holdings and Item tabs cannot be customized.
- In Acquisitions, the holding and item tabs do not appear; library staff edit the Bib only.
- The default Circbib.cfg file and Acqbib.cfg file contain a template for Book, Journal, and Other.
- The Acqbib.cfg file and Circbib.cfg file contents are identical, except for the file name and location on the user’s computer.
- A few commented-out fields also vary.
A library can develop its own templates for adding short bibs in the Circulation or Acquisitions clients.
See these online training sessions:
And see also:
Complete instructions for template development are available in the Circulation User's Guide (Chapter 5), Cataloging User's Guide (Chapter 8), and the Acquisitions User's Guide (Chapter 6).
- Article last edited: 26-Jun-2020