- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
If any type 2 or 3 address is supplied in the patron SIF, all other type 2 or 3 addresses are deleted from the patron record, regardless of whether a new address is supplied.
Issue 19122 / VYG-4301 is currently in Development.
1) Create/find a patron with a permanent (type 1) address and a temporary (type 2) address.
2) Perform a patron extract that includes this patron
3) Go back to the patron record in Circulation and add an email address.
4) Run a patron update using the file created in step 2
5) You'll see that though the file contained no email (type 3) address data to replace the existing email address, the patron's email address has been deleted.
If you attempt to update a patron that already has a permanent, temporary and email address with a SIF file that only has permanent address data and neither temp nor email address data, both the temp and email addresses in the patron record are retained.
* Check 'Protect' for any addresses to retain; or
* Always include all address type 2 or 3 data in the SIF, even if not being updated
Category: Batch jobs
- Article last edited: 3/18/2015