- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.1
- After Voyager upgrade, running Publishing extract (Pprimoexp.pub) fails or hangs
- Error prints to screen or appears in primo.export.[datestamp].log:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
- Files may not finish being packaged (.tar.gz) in /m1/voyager/xxxdb/primo/Publishing/bundled/
Upgrade included a headings regen; when publishing extract attempts to process all records with headings changes using a changed since date prior to upgrade, it runs out of Java memory.
- Modify the HeadingChanges option to ensure headings changes are NOT processed:
# HeadingChanges determines whether to export bibliographic records
# whose cross-references have changed
# -H Y|N overrides this parameter on the command line
- Save PrimoExp-Publishing.ini
- Run Publishing extract again, using same ChangedSince date
- After extract is complete, switch HeadingChanges setting back to "Y" to process any headings changes moving forward.
- Article last edited: 8-Oct-2013