- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.1.0
* Record with longer 505 field (>10,000 characters) not displaying in OPAC
* Other records are displaying fine
505 field has too many characters. MARC fields should contain <10,000 characters.
1. Log into Cataloging and retrieve the bibliographic record.
2. Divide 505 field into two or more separate fields, each less than 10,000 characters.
3. Click Save to DB.
"MARC 21 Specification for Record Structure, Character Sets and Exchange Media: Record Structure" http://www.loc.gov/marc/specificatio...crecstruc.html
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013