- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
- Hourly or minutely loan charged on exception date calculates loan according to circulation policy matrix
- Apply Fixed Due Time For Overnight Loans is checked
- No Overnight Loans In Effect time specified in the policy's circulation calendar.
Issue VYG-4534 is currently in Development.
- System Administration > Circulation > Policy Definitions > Policies Tab check boxes for Apply Fixed Due Times for Overnight Loans and Count Closed Days/Hours/Minutes for Loan. [NOTE: in Voyager 8.2.1 and 8.2.2, replicable without Count Closed Days/Hours/Minutes for Loan checked.]
- Create a matrix in this policy definition that has 2 hour loan period.
- Create a calendar that opens at 08:00 AM and closes at 08:00 PM. Do not supply Due and In Effect times.
- Add open exception date to calendar for today. Set close time within two hours of present (e.g., if it is 10:30 AM set close time 12:00 PM).
- Add calendar to policy definition from step 1.
- Log into Circulation at happening location in policy definition from step 1.
- Charge item out to patron that matches matrix item type/patron group from step 2. Instead of truncating due time to exception date closing time, remaining loan time is added to open time following day. (e.g., charged at 10:30 AM / exception closing at 12:00 PM / open tomorrow at 08:00 AM; due time given as 8:30 AM tomorrow).
- Remove the exception date and instead make today's close time within 2 hours. Repeat steps 6 & 7. Due time appropriately truncates to closing time today.
Manually edit due date for hourly loans with loan period extending past close on Exception dates.
- Article last edited: 21-Jun-2016