- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.0.0
- Previewing record set with associated Data Change Rule sets results in error message: "Failed to retrieve preview records."
- Global Data Change data change jobs fail or don't complete
Issue 16384-18017/VYG-456 is fixed in Voyager 8.1.2.
If you are experiencing the symptoms above, contact Voyager Support for assistance.
- In SysAdmin, create a new location in System > Locations. Note the location_id for this new location in the database.
- Add the newly created location to a GDC Security profile in Security > GDC Security Profiles > [profile].
- Go back to the Locations area and delete the location; location will be deleted
- In the database, query for the location_id in the security profile:
select * from gdc_security_locs where location_id=[location_id from first step];
- Note that the rows associating the deleted location with the security profile are still in the database.
- If you go into GDC and use the Preview tab to preview a data change, get "Failed to retrieve preview records"
- If you try to run a data change job, job will remain in a status of "Running" in the Job Management, but will fail & not complete, and will log
ERROR com.exlibris.voyager.jobd.JobExecutor - Job Failed to run properly: nullin jobd.log
Going forward, ensure that the location is moved from Selected to Available in all GDC Security Profiles prior to deleting in SysAdmin.
- Article last edited: 04-Feb-2014