- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.1
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-12641
Server platform(s) affected: Solaris/all
PC OS (if applicable): n/a
Browser & version (if applicable): n/a
Release(s): reported in 7.2.1; replicated in 7.2.3
You should be able to cancel a short loan booking with a status of Unclaimed.
When you attempt to cancel a short loan booking with a status of Unclaimed, you get a message stating “Unable to cancel short loan request for “[title of record]” as it is currently being processed.”
Workflow implications: Even if you know this request is no longer valid, there’s nothing you can do about it.
1. Create a short loan booking for an item that starts in a few minutes.
2. Wait until the Short Loan Unclaimed Interval has passed and run circjob 27.
3. Click Short Loan to get the Short Loan Search List screen.
4. Click Refresh to bring up current bookings. Note that the status of your booking is now Unclaimed.
5. Highlight your booking and click Cancel Request.
6. Receive error message: “Unable to cancel short loan request for “[title of record]” as it is currently being processed.”
Workaround: Still able to charge the item to a different patron, but it gives this booking a status of Item Temporarily Unavailable; however, at this point, you will be able to cancel the request.
- Article last edited: 3/5/2015