- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.0.2
- Cataloging setting in Options and Preferences -> General -> "delete records from import file once saved to database" is checked
- Records are being imported from an external file
- When operator saves a record, message "Error #6 was generated by Cataloging Overflow" comes up
- Record is saved to database anyway.
Issue 16384-14737 is fixed in Cataloging client for Voyager 8.1.2 and higher.
- In Cataloging > Options > Preferences, check box "Delete records from import file once saved to database"
- Choose Record > Import > From new file ... and select record file.
- Choose a record from the file & open it.
- Save it to the database. Receive "Error #6 was generated by Cataloging. Overflow" and record saved to database but not deleted from file.
- Remove record from the file (note it has 6 very large 505 fields and is about 58KB in size).
- Again, use Record > Import to open the file & choose a record to import. This time, with the large record removed from the file, when you save it to the database no errors will be given, and the record will be saved to the database and deleted from the import file.
Uncheck Delete records from import file once saved to database; delete records/import file manually after finished importing.
If you reduce the size of the record to approximately 32KB, the record saves without issue as well.
The error does NOT happen in Acquisitions when importing the same file onto a PO with delete records checked.
- Article last edited: 08-Oct-2013