- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.0.0
Desired Outcome Goal:
Set the proper permissions on ODBC-related files in Windows
1. Open Windows Explorer & navigate to the C:\Oracle\product\10.2.0\client\network\ADMIN\ directory
2. Right-click on the tnsnames.ora, then click on Properties
3. Click on the Security Tab, then click on Authenticated Users
4. Click Edit, check the Allow box next to “Full control”, then click OK.
5. Hit OK on the Properties box
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for the sqlnet.ora file
Windows Active Directory Group Policy and/or User Access Control sometimes prevents the ODBC drivers from reading these files properly.
Subject: ODBC Drivers
- Article last edited: 12/16/2013