- Product: Voyager SelfCheck
- Product Version: all
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
- We have purchased the Voyager Self Check module. What is needed to setup a Self Check machine to communicate with the Voyager Self Check module using SIP?
- We need Voyager to talk to our RFID gates over SIP2. Our vendor needs to know the hostname or IP, port and user/pass to set this up - how do I find that?
- We are setting up a laptop reservation system and the vendor has asked us to activate the SIP2 service in Voyager which would allow the reservation system to communicate with Voyager's patron data.
SIP2 is an extension module for Voyager - it is not part of the core Voyager software. Activating SIP2 may require the generation of a quote to cover the implementation and maintenance of this extension.
It can help to think of the self-check machine - or any other system that is using SIP2 to communicate with Voyager - as an operator that needs to log into Voyager and perform transactions when you are thinking about configuring this extension module; the connection flow and configuration are similar:
- Firewall: Voyager SelfCheck runs on the xx31 port by default (where xx is the port series for your Voyager instance). Firewalls need to be open between the Voyager server and the Self Check machine.
- Voyager SysAdmin: An operator and circulation location should be setup for the self-check machine in Voyager.
- The operator credentials and location code for the circulation location will be configured and sent in the 93 login message the machine sends to authenticate
- See "System Administration Setup" in the "Setting up SIP Self Check" chapter of the Interface to Self Modules of 3M SIP Documentation for step by step instructions.
- Test Voyager: To test configuration in Voyager, log into the Voyager Circulation Client using the Self Check operator and verify that you are able to select the Circulation Happening Location configured in step 2.
- Self-Check Machine: On the Self Check machine, error checking and checksum should be turned off.
Errors? After configuring the above, open a case with support and include logs from SelfCheck machine or third party server showing all messages from Login(93) Message to error.
- IP: This will likely be the same as what is in the voyager.ini file for the Voyager clients on your workstation.
- Port: xx31 (see "Firewall" above)
- User/Pass: See Voyager SysAdmin configuration above.
- Article last edited: 13-Feb-2019