- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
How do I move an individual Item Record from one Holdings Record to a different Holdings Record (which can be attached to the same or a different Bibliographic Record)?
- Know the record ID number for the Holdings record to which you wish to relink the Item.
- Retrieve the Item Record you wish to relink.
- From the Record menu, select Relink to a different holding. A “Relink the item to a holding record” box displays.
- Type in the record number of the Holdings record to which you wish to relink the Item and click OK.
- A box displays the message “Item successfully relinked”. Click OK.
- (Notice that the Location may have changed to match the location of Holdings record to which it is now attached if it is different.) Update the Perm. Loc. to match Location as needed and Save to DB.
- If needed, update affected Holdings records due to any changes resulting from the relink. For example, update the summary statement or itemized holdings for a serial to reflect the appropriate holdings for the MFHD's location.
- A Holdings Record (MFHD) must always be linked to at least one Bibliographic Record.
- An Item must always be linked to at least one Holdings Record (MFHD).
- Article last edited: 15-May-2020