- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.2.1, 10.0.0
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Course Reserve list expired and item still appearing in Primo
Issue VYG-7259 is currently in Development
- Find or create a reserve list with suppressed items set to On Reserve and an End Date in the past.
- Set one of the suppressed items to Off Reserve. The item should be extracted with "deleted" in the header to remove it from reserves in Primo.
- The item is extracted but "deleted" is not included in the header status, so it updates or adds the item in Primo.
Items are deleted from Primo as expected when the list expires. If item is set to Off Reserve after this happens, it's extracted again without the deleted header status and ends up back in Primo. To work around this:
Option 1: Set the item to Off Reserve one day prior to the expiration of the reserve list. The reserve list expiration will extract the items for deletion from Primo.
Option 2: Temporarily unsuppress bibs, run Primo extract, then suppress bibs and run extract again to trigger deleted header status. (or, see How to delete a specific record from Primo?)
For a large set of records, Option 2 can be executed using Global Data Change: GDC: Suppress / Unsuppress Records
- Create record set with list of bib_ids to be deleted from Primo.
- Create Data Change Rule Set with Unsuppress consequence.
- Add Data Change Rule Set to Data Change Rule Set Group.
- Run Data Change Job to unsuppress records.
- Run Primo Extract.
- Change consequence to Suppress, or duplicate the rule and set the new rule to Suppress consequence.
- Run Data Change Job to suppress records again.
- Next run of Primo Extract will extract records with "deleted" header status.
- Article last edited: 09-Oct-2017