- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.0
Bug Report Form, 16384-19217 / VYG-4576
Date: 20 August 2012
Module(s): System Administration
Release(s) replicated in: 8.1.0
Last version without bug (if applicable):
Expected results: When a firewall severs the connection between client and server, the client would give a RTE 65099 or another indication that the connection had been lost.
Actual results: When the firewall severs the connection between client and server, if you delete an item statistical category, it appears to be deleted even though the connection to the database has been lost.
Workflow implications: Statistical category isn’t deleted, and it may not be clear what happened.
1. Create a dummy item statistical category in SysAdmin.
2. Leave the client idle until it hits a timeout in the firewall.
3. Delete the dummy category. The client may take a little while (30-60 seconds) to process the delete, but it will disappear from the list.
4. Try looking at data elsewhere in SysAdmin; receive run-time error 65099 and client closes.
5. Log back into SysAdmin; the dummy statistical category is still there.
Workaround: Close the client if you’re leaving it idle or increase the firewall timeout.
- Article last edited: 3/3/2015