- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.2.0; 10.1.0
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
Call number in imported bib is in field that appears after first priority field in Call Number Hierarchy.
Call number not mapped to MFHD when import using "Update previously loaded MFHDs and/or Items"
Issue VYG-7024 is resolved in Voyager 10.1.0
- System Administration > Cataloging > Call Number Hierarchy > New > set Ind1 / Ind2 / Field / Subfld / Cutter-SubFld as follows:
- * / * / 050 / a / b
- * / * / 090 / a / b
- System Administration > Cataloging > Bulk Import Rules > New > set rule to use Call Number hierarchy from step 1 and "Update previously loaded MFHDs and/or Items"
- Ensure import record will match record in database and matches mfhd location, owning library and vendor reference number in line item so it can be udpated and an item created.
- Import record that has call number in 090 subfields a and b.
- Note that bib is updated, item is created, but mfhd call number is not updated.
- Import record that is identical except call number in 050 subfields and b, OR alter Call Number Hierarchy so that 090 is first priority in the hierarchy.
- Note that mfhd call number is now updated.
Manually update call number; OR
Manually edit file of records so all call numbers map from same field, and set that field as first priority in Call Number Hierarchy.
- Article last edited: 31-May-2018