- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local;
We are upgrading our Voyager installation soon and we also have Primo. What should I do to ensure the upgrade doesn't impact interoperability?
Review key areas in Voyager that impact Primo interoperability. Below are areas to check, brief description of what happens to each during upgrade and steps you can take:
- Replaced on upgrade to ensure new features and fixes included
- Files used to define parameters for extracts.
- Files from previous version under
/m1/upgrade/<new version>/pre<new version>/voyager/xxxdb/ini-- get previous settings from these files and apply them to upgraded files
- Note enrichment tags and other extract options.
- Update new files with any differences from pre-upgrade config.
- RTA and other vxws requests use file
- Enrichment tags in this file must match those used in extract .ini files
- See #1 -- this file is also replaced and must be updated post-upgrade.
- Post-upgrade, give attention to extract logs. Review logs daily (
/m1/voyager/xxxdb/primo/Publishing/logs) and report any issues to Support right away.
- Used by vxws to respond to Primo API calls (OvP)
- Replace this file with copy of new version (from exl_default) post-upgrade
- Apply any customizations to new version of file.
NOTE: TotalCare Primo does not include Voyager configuration.
If you are a Primo TotalCare customer, you will still need to review these areas and update these files on the Voyager side when you upgrade Voyager.
- Article last edited: 08-Oct-2013