- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local;
We are upgrading our Voyager installation soon and we also have Primo. What should I do to ensure the upgrade doesn't impact interoperability?
Review key areas in Voyager that impact Primo interoperability. Below are areas to check, a brief description of what happens to each during upgrade, and steps you can take:
- Replaced on upgrade to ensure new features and fixes included
- Files are used to define parameters for extracts.
- Files from previous version under
/m1/upgrade/<new version>/pre<new version>/voyager/xxxdb/ini-- get the previous configuration settings from these files and apply them to your new upgraded files
- Note particularly any customized enrichment tags and other special extract options.
- Update your new files with any differences from the pre-upgrade files.
- RTA and other vxws requests use this file
- Enrichment tags in this file must match those used in your extract .ini files
- See #1 -- this file is also replaced on upgrade and must be updated post-upgrade with any customizations.
- Post-upgrade, give attention to your extract logs. Review the logs daily (
/m1/voyager/xxxdb/primo/Publishing/logs) and report any issues to Support right away.
- Used by vxws to respond to Primo API calls (OvP)
- This file is not replaced on upgrade.
- Replace this file with a copy of new version (from exl_default) post-upgrade
- Apply any customizations made to your old file to the new version of the file.
- Post-upgrade, check that the access valve for vxws is still set to allow connections from Primo (this can sometimes be overwritten). See How to limit external access to the vxws web services
During the Voyager upgrade, connections to WebVoyage and Real Time Availability (RTA) from Primo will not be available.
NOTE: TotalCare Primo does not include Voyager configuration. You are responsible for that.
If you are a Primo TotalCare customer, you will still need to review these areas and update these files on the Voyager side when you upgrade Voyager.
This is a really good time to review the Voyager Primo Integration User's Guide.
- Article last edited: 06-Sep-2019