- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
How do we add holdings, in batch, to a group of bib records in our database that have no MFHDs?
You can use Bulk Import to do this.
- Using MarcExport, export the bib records that you want to create MFHDs for.
- Import the bib records, using a Rule that will:
- Match on BIBID and Replace
- Has Single MFHD > Bibs, MFHDs selected
- Has Create PO/MFHD/Item for existing Bibs checked
- Configure Mapping tab to specify the Voyager Location to be set in the new 852 subfield b.
- Test on a single record and review.
Your import log should look something like this, which shows the bib record was replaced (with its copy) and a single new MFHD created:
I am 1681 ( started from process id: 1663 ). I will be doing all of '/m1/voyager/tmp/cgipost-df948c0e794e9c685787b85ee40f2b44-1593.tmp' for you.
The import code is "CR_MFHD" for this run.
The Bib dup profile is "BBID" for this run.
This import is using a rule that allows for creating Bibs and MFHDs.
Warning:No cat_control_barcode profile found for [CR_MFHD].
This import is using a rule for creating MFHDs and Items even when the incoming Bib is not imported.
Expecting Marc21 UTF-8 Records
Thu Aug 13 15:11:28 2020
1(1):Duplicate Bibs above threshold: replace 1, warning 0.
BibID & rank
4000 - 100
REPLACE Existing DB Bib record replaced.
MFHD_ID 78200 created.
BIBLIOGRAPHIC, MFHD, ITEM or AUTHORITY Records
Mfhds created: 1
Items created: 0
Thu Aug 13 15:11:29 2020
See also: Overview of Voyager bulk import process
- Article last edited: 14-Aug-2020