- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.0.1
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-9809
Server platform(s) affected: Tested on Solaris
PC OS (if applicable): N/A
Browser & version (if applicable): N/A
Release(s) replicated in: 7.x.x
Last version without bug (if applicable): N/A
When using the Record Holdings RESTful API, all information stored in Voyager should be viewable in the XML output
When using the GetHoldingsService, item information is not returned. Specifically, free text, spine and caption information.
Workflow implications: Customers who wish to use our RESTful APIs in place of the XML over HTTP interfaces will not be able to display all the information from an item record.
1. In Cataloging, create a new bib and MFHD, or locate an existing one. Take note of the bibId.
2. Attach a new item to the MFHD created/located in step 1, be sure to enter something into the following fields:
a. Copy Number
d. Free Text
3. After saving the item to the database, launch any web browser and call this service. E.g. http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx14/vxws/record/<bibId>/holdings?view=items
4. Look for the <itemData> elements. You’ll see that free text, caption and spine have no elements returned.
Fixed in VXWS for 8.1.1.
- Article last edited: 3/24/2015