- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-13298
Server platform(s) affected: All
PC OS (if applicable): N/A
Browser & version (if applicable): N/A
Release(s) replicated in: 7.x.x
Last version without bug (if applicable): N/A
Expected results: The ability to fully replicate searching functionality in WebVoy?ge through the SearchService.
Actual results: Using the ^ to add an AND between all terms can only be done through the SearchService if submitted via a POST request; GET requests will ignore the variable.
The ^ is added through the searchArgType variable, setting it equal to AND
Workflow implications: Not all WebVoy?ge searches can be replicated through the API
1. In webvoyage.properties, add “GKEY” as one of the searches on the Basic Search page:
2. In WebVoy?ge, run a GKEY Search for “test”
3. Take note of the number of results returned
4. Submit the search to the SearchService over VXWS:
5. Take note of the number of results returned, it will not be the same as step 3
Fixed in VXWS services for 8.2.0.
- Article last edited: 3/16/2015