- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.2
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-16401
Server platform(s) affected: Tested on Solaris
PC OS (if applicable): N/A
Browser & version (if applicable): All Browsers
Release(s) replicated in: 8.1.0, 8.0.0, 7.2.1, 7.0.1
Last version without bug (if applicable): N/A
Expected results: Combining two searches from the search history should produce the same results and manually keying in the search on the advanced search page
Actual results: Combining two advanced searches with Turkish diacritics (e.g. ?, ?, ?) will not yield any hits.
Workflow implications: Customers will have to manually type in these searches as opposed to being able to easily combine them on the search history page.
1. Import the attached 5 bib records in Cat
2. Load WebVoy?ge’s Advanced search page
3. Run a GKEY search for “nuoret”, you should get 5 results
4. Edit the search, remove the term used in step 3 and replace it with “sosiaality?”, you should get the same 5 results from step 3
5. Click on Search History, select the two checkboxes for these searches and combine them
6. You will be taken to the advanced search page with a message showing no hits. Also, the sosiaality? term will have a blank box instead of the special o.
Workaround: If you key in both of these terms manually, one in each search field, 5 results come back
Fixed in WebVoyage for 8.1.2.
- Article last edited: 3/10/2015