- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.1
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-10369
Server platform(s) affected: Tested on Solaris
PC OS (if applicable): N/A
Browser & version (if applicable): All Browsers
Release(s) replicated in: 7.2.1, 7.1.1, 7.0.1
Last version without bug (if applicable): N/A
To be able to export multiple items from the OPAC without limit.
Patrons are only able to export up to 300 records from the OPAC at a time
Workflow implications: When patrons see the apache error returned, they may think the OPAC, their network, or both are having problems
1. Log into WebVoy?ge (create an account in Circulation if you don’t have one)
2. Run a search that will return at least 300 results (e.g. “history” against GKEY)
3. On the results list, select the “Select All” checkbox, then choose “Add to List”
4. Go to the “My List” page, and choose the “Select All” checkbox, then choose “Export”
5. On the confirmation page, ensure that you’re exporting at least 300 records, then choose “Click to Print”, it may take a minute, but you will receive a browser-based error message.
Other information: The exact error message returned depends on which browser you’re using, but the reason for the error is that the URL being used for this request is too long. Each bib record being exported is inserted into the URLs passed to and from the browser, but the browsers have a string length limit for URLs they will process. Firefox is 8000 characters, but Internet Explorer is only 2700 (both numbers are approx.)
Workaround: Exporting fewer records at a time will fix this problem
Fixed in WebVoyage for 8.1.1.
- Article last edited: 3/6/2015