- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.1
How to bring external patron data into the Voyager database?
A legacy system utilizing the SIF format is available, as well as a newer XML patron services batch loader. In both cases, sites must generate the file. Steps below are for handling generated files.
- Obtain patron SIF or generate file with Patron Extract (SIF)
- Review & verify patron SIF fields are present as required and correct (text editor such as Notepad++ can be helpful)
- Load patron SIF to Voyager database using Pptrnupdt script
- Review logs and verify results in Circulation.
- Generate XML file with XML Patron Export (PpatronExpX) or other means, ensuring format complies with patron schema XSD.
- Load the patron XML file via the PpatronImpX script
- Review logs and verify results in Circulation