- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
What are the characteristics of valid email addresses in Voyager?
If a patron's email address is not considered valid by Voyager, that patron cannot receive an emailed version of a circulation notice. Below are characteristics of valid email addresses. A patron must have ALL of these settings correct for the email address to be valid.
An email can be valid by Voyager's specifications, but still be incorrect for the patron. In these instances, the undeliverable message will be returned to your library's established "reply to" email address. Incorrect but deliverable email messages will be delivered; double-check that manually-entered email addresses are correct.
The email address:
- must be present in the patron record. Email addresses are added as part of a batch patron load, or added manually by library staff in the Circulation client.
- must have an "Effective" beginning date. This beginning effective date is the day the email address goes into effect, aka becomes active. A patron with an email beginning effective date in the future will not receive emailed notices.
- does NOT need an "Effective" ending date; the email address's in-effect dates can be open-ended. A patron with an email ending effective date in the past will not receive emailed notices.
- The beginning and ending effective dates must be different dates or the patron will not receive emailed notices.
- must NOT have the "Hold Mail" checkbox checked. A patron whose email address has "Hold Mail" enabled will not receive emailed notices.
- Article last edited: 25-Jun-2020