- Product: Voyager
What determines if a bib or holdings(MFHD) will be suppressed from OPAC when added to a purchase order (PO)?
- When line item is attached to an existing bib or MFHD in the database, the Suppress in OPAC checkbox for the record remains in its current status.
- When PO is created via BulkImport, the suppress settings in the BulkImport rule and in the Location settings will dictate the value of the Suppress in OPAC flag for the imported records. For example
- If the rule (Cataloging > Bulk Import Rules) has Suppress in OPAC checked, the bib record will be suppressed on import.
- If the MFHD location (System > Locations) is set to Suppress in OPAC, the mfhd will be suppressed when it is created.
- When a new bib record is added via the Acquisitions client, if the "OPAC display of temp records" checkbox in the Acquisition Policy Group for the Order Location of the PO
- ... is not checked, then any bib record added to the PO will be suppressed.
- ... is checked, then any bib record added to the PO will not be suppressed.
- When a new MFHD record is added to a Voyager database in the Acquisitions client, if the "OPAC display of temp records" checkbox in the Acquisitions Policy Group for the Intended Location of the line item
- ... is checked, then any MFHD record added to the line item will not be suppressed.
- ... is not checked, then any MFHD record added to the line item will be suppressed.
These rules are independent. The MFHD can be suppressed regardless of the bib record's suppress status.
- Article last edited: 13-Mar-2015