circjob:circjob 35 -L requires the text 'Circulation Desk' in the location name
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.0.1
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-8417
Release(s) replicated in: 7.0.1 – 7.1.1
Server Platform(s) affected: Solaris/all
PC O/S (if this is PC specific): n/a
Browser type & version (if WebVoyage): n/a
Expected Results: Circjob 35 should accept any location code that corresponds to a location that’s been flagged as a pickup location (this location should become the create and pickup location of any requests placed by the circjob).
Actual Results: The job errors out unless you specify the location code of a location that has ‘Circulation Desk’ contained somewhere in the location name.
Workflow Implications: Unless you have a location with a name that includes the text ‘Circulation Desk’, the job won’t work.
1) Create two items, charging one to a patron and leaving the other Not Charged.
2) Create a reserve list, and add these two items to the list.
3) Find a location that is a circ happening location/pickup location, but does *not* include the text ‘Circulation Desk’ in its location name.
4) Run circjob 35 (either interactively, where you’ll be prompted for a location code, or via command line, where you must specify the –L parameter for location code) and supply the location code of the location in step 3
--> you’ll get an error message stating ‘Location Code is not valid for Job 35’.
If you repeat step 4 but supply the location code of a location with a name that contains the text ‘Circulation Desk’ (even if the location is *not* a valid circ happening/pickup location), the job will complete, placing a recall on the charged item and a hold on the available item.
- Article last edited: 3/20/2015