- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Cross-Product
How to add an IP address to access Ex Libris products through hosted server firewall.
- Open Case in Support Portal with specific Ex Libris product support team.
- List the following information in your Case:
- Source: IP address(es) that will need access through the hosted firewall*
- Destination: IP address and/or hostname of your hosted server
- Ports: port(s) that Source IPs will be connecting to through the firewall
- Permanent or Temporary: if Temporary, also indicate date access should expire
- Ex Libris Support analysts will work with our Cloud teams to ensure the request is completed and will update when the work is complete or if additional information is required.
*Note that many institutions deploy security measures that create "Proxy" IP addresses for workstations. To make sure that you provide the correct Source IP, follow the instructions below:
To find what is the outgoing/Source IP, for a particular workstation, you can use one of the free web services, like http://www.whatsmyip.org/ or https://www.vpnmentor.com/tools/ipinfo/.
These will display the public IP for the workstation.
Contact your IT/Networking Department for further assistance.
- Article last edited: 20-Aug-2019