Create a New Account
Grant Ex Libris Access to Your Google Play Developer Console
- Visit https://play.google.com/apps/publish and log in to your institution’s account.
- Click Users and permissions and click Invite new users:
The following appears:
- Enter the relevant email address based on your region according to the table below.
Prior to April 2018, the campusM store user email was the same for all regions: ExlibrisMobileApps@exlibrisgroup.com. Customers who previously added that non-regional specific campusM user email do not need to change to a regional one; however, Ex Libris' recommendation is to utilize the regional campusM mail moving forward.
- Leave the Set access expiry date checkbox clear.
- Click Done. The permissions page displays:
- Set the permissions according to the image above.
- Click Send Invitation.
Access is granted to the Google Play developer console.
Google API Project
If you do not already have a Google API Project, you must create a new project before you can grant Ex Libris access.
Navigate to Select a project in the header of the page, and in the resulting modal, select NEW PROJECT.
Enter a Project name e.g. campusM-InstitutionName and CREATE. Include the institution name or name abbreviation within the project name.
Grant Ex Libris Access to Your Google API Project
Visit https://console.developers.google.com/apis/dashboard and log in to your institution’s account.
Click to expand the menu, select IAM & Admin.
Navigate to ‘IAM’
In the Member field enter: Please use the campusM email address based on your region. Note: prior to April 2018, the campusM store user email was the same for all regions: ExlibrisMobileApps@exlibrisgroup.com. Customers who previously added that non-regional specific campusM user email do not need to change to a regional one, however, Ex Libris' recommendation is to utilize the regional campusM mail moving forward.
Region campusM Store Authorized User (Email) APAC ExlibrisMobileAppsAPAC1@exlibrisgroup.com EMEA ExlibrisMobileAppsEMEA1@exlibrisgroup.com NA ExlibrisMobileAppsNA1@exlibrisgroup.com
Configure the role to be Project > Owner.
Why does Ex Libris require Access to your Google API Project?
- Google Maps - Our native Android app integrates with the Google Maps API which requires access to Google APIs.
- Push notifications - Our native Android app requires access to Google APIs to enable GCM (Google Cloud messaging)
Providing Ex Libris with your Google Developer Service Account
The Service Account is different from your Google Developer Account - It is created via the Google API console, when logged in to your Google Developer Account.
- Log in to your Google Developer Account
- Open the Google Play Console.
- Select the Settings menu.
- Select API access.
- Select the Create Service Account button.
If you do not already have a Google Play Developer Project, you must create a new project before you can see the option to create a new service account.Create Service Account
- Select the Google API Console link in the dialog, which opens a new tab/window:
- Select the Create Service Account button at the top of the Google Developers Console.
- Provide a service account name, for example: campusM, and then select Create.
- Select Select a role and select Service Accounts > Service Account User.
Service Account User
- Select the Create Key button.
- Make sure JSON is selected as the Key type.
- Select Create to close the dialog.
The file is saved to the Downloads folder by default, if you are not asked for a save location.
- Make a note of the file name of the JSON file downloaded to your computer.
- On the Google Play Console, select Done to close the dialog.
- Select Grant Access for the newly added service account.
- Select the permissions according to the screenshot below (Role: Custom). Click Add User to close the dialog.
- Provide campusM with the JSON file that you downloaded.
App Store Listing – Containing or Displaying Ads
House ads: My app renders a small banner to promote my other apps.
Banner and interstitial*: My app integrates with an Ad SDK to show banners and/or interstitials."
Billing Requirement for Maps API