- Product: campusM
How do you transfer campusM to your own Apple iTunes Connect and/ or Google Play account?
This is only relevant if your current campusM App is hosted on an Ex Libris Apple iTunes Connect or Google Play account.
Apple iTunes Connect Account Transfers
Your registered account must be an active account and in good standing with Apple.
To transfer your campusM app to your institutional iTunes Connect store listing in order for you to review app usage statistic, to reply to reviews etc., Ex Libris requires you to email the campusM user email by region with the following information:
Note: prior to April 2018, the campusM store user email was the same for all regions: ExlibrisMobileApps@exlibrisgroup.com. Customers who previously added that non-regional specific campusM user email do not need to change to a regional one, however, Ex Libris' recommendation is to utilize the regional campusM mail moving forward.
|Region||campusM Store Authorized User (Email)|
- Customer name
- The ‘Team Agent’s’ Apple ID (as defined in your iTunes Connect Account Membership area)
- The ‘Team ID’ (as defined in your iTunes Connect Account Membership area)
Ex Libris will initiate the transfer, on receipt of all the data above. You should receive a notification from Apple asking for you to accept the transfer. This has to be completed by you within 60 days of the notification or it will be canceled automatically.
Your registered account must be an active account and in good standing with Google Play Apps Policies.
To transfer your campusM app to your institutional Google Play account, enabling you to review app usage statistic etc., Ex Libris requires you to email the relevant regional campusM user email (As noted in the table above) with the following information:
- Customer name
- E-mail address of the Google Play Developer account (this is the primary e-mail address of the account into which the App is to be transferred).
- Transaction ID (see below about how to obtain the transaction ID)
Ex Libris will initiate the transfer, on receipt of all the data above. This transfer process is generally completed within 1-2 days.
To get the transfer process started, Ex Libris requires a transaction ID, which represents the transaction made with Google while registering the developer account.
To ensure you get the right transaction ID, ensure that you are already logged in to the Google Developer Console of the account into which the App is going to be transferred.
Below are the steps required to get this Transaction ID:
- Follow the link to the Google Payments dashboard.
- Navigate to the “View Purchases” section, and click on the transaction correlating to the creation of the account.
- The transaction details should include something along the lines of “Android Developer Registration Fees”. The ID is typically formatted as:
- Article last edited: 11-Oct-2017