- Product: 360 Consortium Edition
How do we provide patrons with resources inherited from a consortium?
Once you have inherited resources (such as databases) from a Consortium, those resources may become available in your Summon service, 360 Search, E-Journal Portal (360 Core), 360 Link, and 360 MARC Updates, if you subscribe to those services. If the Display In box is checked in the Database Details page, the resource will be available in that service. (See here for details.)
However, the initial settings for a database to Display In may not be what you expect, as shown by the following:
- The Display In values of the database will automatically be turned on for Summon, E-Journal Portal (360 Core) and 360 Link.
- The Display In values of the database will automatically be turned on for 360 MARC Updates and 360 MARC - Group, except for library-specific holdings, which will have those turned off.
- The Display In 360 Search value of the database will be inherited from the Consortium's Display In 360 Search setting (or, if the Consortium does not have 360 Search, then Display In 360 Search will be turned on), and:
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 21-Feb-2014
- Old Article Number: 7035