- Product: 360 Core Client Center
How do I find my way around the Serials Solutions Client Center?
Because there is so much in the Client Center, navigating through it can seem overwhelming. To help you get around in the Client Center, we've provided several navigation features that you need to understand in order to more effectively manage your data and products. Click the title to jump to that section on this page:
More Navigation Features, like bread crumbs, navigation trees, etc.
If you have more than one library profile in Serials Solutions, the first screen you see (after logging in to the system) prompts you to select a library.
Otherwise, the Client Center Home page is the first screen you see after logging in to the system. It's the easiest place for you to begin all of your resource management activities, and includes direct access to the e-Catalog, all management and analysis tools available to your library, and information about Serials Solutions and our services.
You can always return to the Home page by clicking Home on any other page in the Client Center.
The Home page is divided into three basic sections:
- Page Header: The top of the page contains some account navigation tools and the e-Catalog search form.
- Left Sidebar: The left side of the page contains information about Serials Solutions, products, and news.
- Management Tools: The right side of the page has links to all of the primary resource and product management tools. From here, you're a click away from your most common tasks.
Below is an example of a typical Home page. You may not have all the different sections or functions shown in this example; the Home page changes depending on the Serials Solutions services to which your library subscribes:
The areas with numbers in red circles are explained below:
- Top-Level Navigation: Change your account password, get access to help or contact information for Serials Solutions international offices, or log out. Access other library profiles if you have them. (See Account Navigation below.)
- E-Catalog: Search for a title, database, or provider using the e-Catalog (see Finding Resources With the e-Catalog).
- Double Bread-Crumb Navigation: Navigate to previously accessed pages using the top-level navigation on each page, or use the second level bread-crumb navigation to go back up the resource hierarchy. (See Bread Crumbs below.)
- Serials Solutions Information: Read Serials Solutions news, learn about upcoming webinars, and find upcoming conferences where you can meet with Serials Solutions staff.
- Products: Click the names of your subscribed (green checks) and unsubscribed products for product overviews and examples.
- Management Tools: Add and manage resources and information in your library's Client Center profile.
- Data Summary: View an overview of your total holdings and unique (de-duplicated) holdings in your subscribed databases.
- Data Management: Manage your subscription resources (see below).
- Business Intelligence Tools: Learn more about your resources and how your patrons use them.
- Administer Your Products: Customize your subscribed products and manage your services.
- Manage Your Library: Manage staff Client Center accounts, manage your library settings (such as your proxy, URLs, and so on), and track changes made in your profile. For a consortium, there is also a link to View Member Libraries.
Besides the Client Center Home page, there are five primary navigation features available to help you move around within the Client Center:
Bread Crumbs: Each page includes two "bread crumb" trails at the top that allow you to move one or more levels back (up) in the Client Center organizational hierarchy:
For example, if you are looking at the Holding Details page of the journal Accountancy in OCLC's ABI/INFORM database, the bread-crumb trails would look like this:
Using the top bread-crumb trail, you could navigate back to the Data Management home page or even the Client Center Home page with a single click. Using the bottom bread-crumb trail, you could navigate to the ABI/INFORM Database Details page, or to the OCLC Provider Details page with a single click.
These links are tied to a specific hierarchy, not necessarily to how you arrived at the page.
Navigation Tree: When you access any of the tools under "Manage Your Data," "Manage Your Products," and "Manage Your Library," you'll see a left-side navigation tree throughout the pages. While the bread crumb trail tracks your levels in the Client Center (the bigger navigation picture), the navigation tree tracks your levels within each tool. Use the hierarchy of links in the navigation tree to move to the specific pages you need to access:
Account Navigation: At the top of every page is a small navigation menu that gives you quick access to your account details, the Support Center and Online Community, Serials Solutions contact information, and the "Log Out" link. If you can access more than one library profile, you can change profiles here
E-Catalog: The e-Catalog also appears at the top of every page throughout the Client Center and provides a quick way to find a journal, book, database, or provider. This tool is described in more detail here.
Data Management home page: The Data Management home page is the primary page used for managing your resources:
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 21-Feb-2014
- Old Article Number: 7517