- Product: 360 Resource Manager
How do I group titles, database, or providers together that aren't otherwise connected?
The purpose of the Collections tool is to allow your library to create groups of resources outside of the
Once a collection is created, you can attach administration, contacts, cost, license, notes, and vendor statistics datasets to the collection. For example, you may choose to group all resources in a package and record the cost information, or create a collection of resources negotiated by a consortium and attach notes about consortium policies.
Also, any administration datasets, licenses, and contacts that you attach to a collection will automatically be attached to all of that collection's databases to which your library subscribes, as well as the titles within those databases. (Updated July 21, 2012)
A resource may only be in one collection at a time. If you add a resource to a second collection, it will be removed from the first collection.
To create a collection:
- Click on the Collections link in the Management Tools section of the Client Center.
- Click the Add button on the right side of the page and enter a Name and Description (optional).
- Now you can start adding resources to the collection by clicking the Resources link on the left-side menu. Click the Attach button to locate the database you would like to add to the collection.
- For further detail and screenshots see the Attaching a Resource to a Collection article mentioned below.
For detailed explanations of creating and adding resources to Collections, please see the following Answers:
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 27-Nov-2016
- Old Article Number: 7391