- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 21
After implementation 3rd party tools as part of UTIL SP upgrade (Aleph SP 21.1.3 / 21.1.4) the OvP-functionality (RESTful API between Primo and Aleph) does not work properly anymore.
The Content-Type that gets returned by calls to the OvP API is "application/json" (instead of "application/xml").
The root cause for this is an update of Java Development Kit (JDK) from 1.6 to 1.7 that has been erroneously distributed by UTIL SP mechanism to Aleph 21 customers (JDK 1.7 is not certifed for Aleph 21).
Potentially this may affect all customers who performed 3rd party download and upgrade (UTIL SP 6-9) between October 1st 2013 and December 11th 2013 on Linux machines.
* To see which JDK version is installed type in:
* If JDK 1.6 is installed there is no problem.
If you see that it is JDK 1.7 is installed follow these steps:
* Call up UTIL SP 6 (Download 3rd party products update) and wait for the download to be finished
* Call up UTIL SP 8(Extract products updates)
* Call up UTIL SP 9 (Update 3rd party soft links)
* Stop and restart JBoss Server (UTIL W 2 7 1 and UTIL W 3 7 9)
On December 11th, 2013 Ex Libris has solved the issue on the FTP server and all SP installations performed after this date do not have any problem. Solaris / AIX installations are not affected.
- Article last edited: 12/18/2013