- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
If we want to batch delete patrons who have hold requests or items which have hold requests, what is the best way to do this?
Hold requests can be overriden in running the patron delete (cir-23) and item delete (item-11) Services, but that leaves an orphaned hold request with no item and/or patron connected to it. You should first delete obsolete hold requests using these services:
1. Report / Delete Expired Hold Requests (cir-17)
2. Hold Shelf Report (cir-06) which has a "Delete current holds" option to delete hold requests for items which users have failed to pick up
- Article last edited: 12-Mar-2017