Best way to export Aleph Oracle tables
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
What is the best way to export/import Aleph Oracle tables?
There are three ways to export Aleph Oracle tables:
1. The file-03 (export) and file-04 (import) Services
2. util a/19 (export) and util a/20 (import) services
3. The oracle_expdp_aleph_libs (export) and oracle_impdp_aleph_libs (import) -- using the Oracle Data Pump.
file-03 works well for a single small table. Except for very small libraries (under 200,000 records) the Oracle Data Pump is the best way to export/import data. This is described in the following Knowledge Articles:
* Refreshing Test server data Using Oracle Data Pump
* Non-data-pump export/import of entire database
* Use Oracle Data Pump to transfer individual table
- Article last edited: 6-Jun-2017