Bib record with large 5xx fields / many words not indexed
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
We have a bib record that isn't indexed -- but should be. It doesn't show up in Title Browse in the Aleph GUI, but you can get to it in the GUI by record number, or by the back door via an item record or order record. It doesn't show up in the Aleph Web OPAC -- even searching by doc number --, and doesn't show up in Primo.
This was related to the large number of words in the document -- exceeding the limit of 20,000 words in v22 (increased from a limit of 5,000 in v21 and earlier).
At some point the doc had been suppressed, and then had increased in size. Therefore the doc appeared in the list of docs for WST=suppressed (in z98) and was not in the PUB base, but "WST=suppressed" had disappeared from the list of words for this doc (z95).
Here is how the doc was removed from the list WST=suppressed....
• In test server: the 505 fields had been removed, hence the doc wasn't a large one. In GUI Cataloging, we added the field STA1$$SUPPRESSED and saved the doc; waited for the ue_01 daemon to index the doc (especially the word part); then removed the field STA1. Now the doc can be found in OPAC.
• In production: with the 505 fields, the number of words indexes exceeded the limit of 20000 words, so we retrieved all the doc's 505 fields with p_print_03 and deleted them in GUI Cataloging. Then we did the same as above (add, then remove, STA1$$SUPPRESSED). After making sure that the doc is found, we restored the missing 505 fields with p_manage_18.
- Article last edited: 3-Jan-2018