- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
We want to configure a z39.50 gateway. How do we do this?
You need to add settings for the external libraries.
First, add the database name to ./alephe/tab/tab_base.eng. Define EXT01 in columns 4 and 7.
For the z39_gate, the setting should be in two directories:
1) ./alephe/gate - see example of loc.conf that I've updated. Note the basename in filename is in lowercase.
The important parts are:
Z58-ACCESS-METHOD Z39 (always)
Z58-IN-RECORD-TYPE USMARC (always?)
Z58-IN-RECORD-CREATE vir_z00_z39_usmarc (always)
Z58-HOLDING-METHOD OPAC (always)
2) The other directory is ./alephe/tab/z39_gate. The base name in filenames should be in uppercase, and here you define the hostname, the database name, authentication if exists, and search terms. See example of z39_gate_LOC.conf.
You add the new conf names to the z39_gate.conf file.
After the changes, restart the z39_gate (util w/3/5). The z39_gate is running on port 7991. Try searching LOC from your GUI Locate to see if it works.
To add external libraries to the OPAC, add the base names to find-b-xxx01 (as local_base= ).
- Article last edited: 5-Dec-2017