- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
How to convert the OCLC de-composed form of UTF characters to appear as single-byte (composed) in GUI?
Note: In the OPAC, the characters already appear as single-byte.
1. In ./alephe/unicode/tab_character_conversion_line, add "OCLC_UTF_TO_UTF" as follows:
OCLC_UTF_TO_UTF ##### L line_utf2line_utf decomp_to_precomp
2. Add the following tables to the $alephe_unicode directory.
These tables will be automatically invoked when exporting a MARC record from OCLC into ALEPH (assuming the record is encoded as being in UTF-8 (LDR/09=a).
3. Restart the Aleph OCLC server (util w/3/7/3)
- Article last edited: 18-April-2016