- Product: Aleph
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
What information/access can help expedite troubleshooting to find a solution when I open a case with Support?
To effectively troubleshoot Aleph issues, work can begin and occur more quickly when the following is accessible/configured:
- Updated IP on any changed production servers/test environments
- Current passwords for "root", "aleph", and "oracle" users
- Port forwarding enabled for sites whose Aleph client ports are closed to ExLibris
- Available SSH connection on port 22 from the Aleph Support IP 188.8.131.52
- Open all ports for Aleph client connection (SysAdmin, Circulation, Cataloging, etc. as defined in your Alephcom/tab/library.ini) to Ex Libris unless port forwarding is set up and enabled.
- Add Ex Libris' new IP address, 184.108.40.206 to all relevant firewall rules. Firewall configurations from before August 2015 should be re-evaluated to include this information.
The items on this list are not mandatory, but note that compliance with these items will ensure the best possible scenario for troubleshooting from Ex Libris staff.
If access is by request only, please be sure to request that all necessary ports and firewall rules be set up before opening a case with support for the quickest troubleshooting.
Article last edited: 14-July-2022