Error 2300 Not defined in file xml_ill_in_loc
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
1) When a borrowing request is sent the log of ue_19 shows the following message:
==== CALL X SERVICE =============
service err... Error 2300 Not defined in file xml_ill_in_loc.
2) At the lending Server, the www_server log shows this:
X SERVICE: ILL-IN-LOC
connect: Connection refused
The message "Error 2300 Not defined in file xml_ill_in_loc" occurs because the program has been passed a code of "2300" and the ./error_eng/xml_ill_in_loc file has no such code. What the xml_ill_in_loc file *does* have is this:
0023 Failed in get-doc from ILL system
It seems that, somehow, "2300" is being sent when 0023 is intended. (Looking at the ./xml_service/xml_ill_in_loc program, I see no "2300" anywhere, so it's a puzzle just how this is happening.)
Anyway, we believe that the message which *should* be displaying is "Failed in get-doc from ILL system".
The "Connection refused" can indicate a firewall problem.
In one case (under version 21) the lending IP did not have permission to access to port 8991 of borrowing server.
When port 8991 was opened, the error did not occur.
- Article last edited: 3-Jan-2018