- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Desired Outcome Goal:
As part of allowing holds on available items, only faculty/staff should be given a delivery option for delivery to their office/department
How can this be set up?
* In $alephe_tab/tab_sub_library.lng create a type 3 sublibrary (ie. ‘OFFIC’ - Deliver to Office):
OFFIC 3 xxx50 L Deliver to Office
* ./xxx50/tab/tab27 - setup ‘02’ process option for delivery – where ‘OFFIC’ is the pickup location (col. 4).
Make sure this comes before other ‘01’ process options that may be related:
H ##### 01 OFFIC 02
* ./xxx50/tab/tab37 - setup pick-up list where ‘OFFIC’ is one of the pickup/delivery locations followed by other locations
The list can also be limited, so only faculty/staff will see the ‘OFFIC’ option (col. 4):
Example for ./xxx50/tab/tab37
##### 01 ## 30 #OFFIC XXXXX XXXXX etc.
After tables are set up:
* Faculty/staff member puts hold on item via OPAC (or staff can do via staff client) and they can select ‘Deliver to Office’ from the pickup/delivery drop-down
* Run util e/6, and services "Request reports (cir-07)" and "Call slips for Requests (cir-12)" to pull items with holds from the shelf
* If faculty/staff member selected ‘Deliver to Office’, when the item is checked in at the item home library, a letter will print (with the patron’s z304_address) and the item will be automatically checked out to the faculty/staff member.
* Item will then need to be delivered to faculty/staff member.
This setup was suggested by Jennifer Murray (SUNY - Buffalo)
Category: Circulation (500)
Subject: Hold requests (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013