- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
How to add clear_vir01 to the job list.
Clear_vir01 must be run on a regular basis. If it is not run on a regular basis then irregularities may occur in OPAC searching or in GUI Z39.50 searching because session tables will become "full".
Clear_vir01 should be run when no one is accessing the system. To fulfill this requirement you may need to stop the pc_server/www_server while clear_vir01 is running. For more information see article Restart Servers from job_list.
The session tables are saved in the VIR01 library. They should be cleared daily.
This may be performed by doing the following (we recommend number 3)
1. "dlib vir01" and then "UTIL X 8"
2. from command line csh -f $aleph_proc/clear_vir01 vir01
3. add this line to $alephe_tab/job_list (with column 1 being a parameter of "every day" from $alephe_tab/job_list.conf and column two being a desired time which does not conflict with other jobs).
W3 03:50:00 Y VIR01 clear_vir01 VIR01
If you add the above line to job_list then you should make sure that VIR01 is defined as one of the $QUE_STARTUP_LIBS
You can check by doing from command line echo $QUE_STARTUP_LIBS
If it is not in the list of QUE_STARTUP_LIBS then add it in $alephe_root/aleph_start or $alephe_root/aleph_start.private. After adding vir01 do source $$alephe_root/aleph_start
See also article clear_vir01 in hot mode or in cold mode?
- Article last edited: 14-July-2016