- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Desired Outcome Goal:
How to add print templates in non European languages, e.g. Japanese, Chinese etc.?
The following actions are required:
- Create new print template directories form_jpn, form_kor etc. under xxx01
- Link to these directories from xxx50/tab/path_convert
- Copy all files from xxx01/form_eng to new form_... Directories
- Add the new languages to xxx50/tab/pc_tab_exp_field.lng, command "LANG". Make sure that the language codes are available in $alephe_tab/allowed_languages.
- Adjust the templates you want to print in the specific languages, e.g. for orders acq-m-order-slip.xsl (see description below *** Adjusting templates (forms) in Asian language ***)
- Update the print package with util i/6
- In ACQ module create vendors with correspondent "Vendor language"
*** Adjusting templates (forms) in Asian language ***
1. Get the forms you have copied into a language specific directory (form_jpn etc.) to your PC using FTP
2. Open an editor which can read and write in UTF-8 and switch the encoding language to UTF-8 . If you don't have such an editor you may download one from the WEB, e.g. NOTEPAD++. Open a template you want to adjust and modify the relevant parts.
3. Save the file(s) in Unix format (End of Line conversion -> Unix format).
4. Upload the file(s) back to your server
*** End Adjusting templates (forms) in Asian language ***
Category: Acquisitions (500)
Subject: Orders (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013