- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
* If we omit the "E" from ./xxx01/tab/edit_doc_999.eng, column 12, the field fails to display. Why?
* The "E" in column 12 is the "Display End Group" indicator.
* The presence of "E" indicates that this is the last line for this particular tag (when there are multiple occurrences of a tag)..
* When there is just a single occurrence of a tag in the ./xxx01/tab/edit_doc_999.lng table, column 12 must have "E"..
* If the "E" is not present the program assumes that there are more lines for this tag.
* The failure to include "E" on the last (or only) tag of a particular kind causes the next tag in the table -- whatever it is -- to be skipped.
Category: Cataloging (500)
Subject: Table configuration
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013