- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
* Saving a bibliographic record on server or local drive a message is displayed "Tag 210 is out of range"
*Wrong value in col. 5 for range check program in ./xxx01/tab/ check_doc_line_contents
1. Edit ./xxx01/tab/check_doc_line_contents
2. The "range" check program in col. 4 verifies that the numeric string entered in the subfield of the field defined in col. 2 and col. 3 matches the range defined in column 5.
3. Tag 210, subfield d contains the year of publication
4. Enter reasonable values for the range of the year on col. 5 for that tag.
## 210## d range 1850 2012
5. In the edit record you have entered a value out of this range the "Tag 210 is out of range" message will be displayed
6. Remove the line or comment it If you do not want that check is performed when you save a record.
7. Save the file and restart PC Server
The example was taken from the UNIMARC environment. The check is the same for other formats. example MARC21 ## 260## c range 1850 2012
Category: Cataloging (500)
Subject: Create / Edit records (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013