Skip to main content
ExLibris
  • Subscribe by RSS
  • Ex Libris Knowledge Center

    Oracle connection and Alephe relocation error

    • Article Type: General
    • Product: Aleph
    • Product Version: 21

    Description:
    I'm getting two problems during a new installation of aleph:

    1. aik 3.4 (Check connection to the database via listener): Running this option returns "The connection to the database aleph21 via listener hasn't been established yet..." However, I am able to connect to the newly created database using SQL*Developer. So it is definitely installed and running. I wasn't sure why it was returning this error, so I moved on... and was successful until I hit the next problem:

    2. aik 5.5 (Relocate alephe directory): Running this option returns:
    ------------------------------
    Relocating alephe directory:
    ------------------------------

    INFO: Removing unused language files

    INFO: Removing unused ger files...

    delete_langs.sh: line 45: 18962 Killed PROGRESS "delete_langs.sh" (wd: /exlibris/ftp_from_exlibris/AIK21)
    INFO: Removing unused fre files...

    delete_langs.sh: line 45: 19000 Killed PROGRESS "delete_langs.sh" (wd: /exlibris/ftp_from_exlibris/AIK21)
    INFO: Removing unused ita files...

    delete_langs.sh: line 45: 19042 Killed PROGRESS "delete_langs.sh" (wd: /exlibris/ftp_from_exlibris/AIK21)
    INFO: Removing unused dan files...

    delete_langs.sh: line 45: 19080 Killed PROGRESS "delete_langs.sh" (wd: /exlibris/ftp_from_exlibris/AIK21)
    INFO: Removing unused swe files...

    delete_langs.sh: line 45: 19119 Killed PROGRESS "delete_langs.sh" (wd: /exlibris/ftp_from_exlibris/AIK21)
    INFO: Removing unused uni Directories...

    INFO: Removing unused mab Directories...

    INFO: Removing unused dan Directories...

    INFO: Removing unused swe Directories...

    INFO: Cleaning some irrelevant files before

    INFO: Droping unused schemas

    INFO: Droping MAB useres from DB


    Error: Failed during alephe relocation - drop user


    I'm not sure what user it is trying to drop or how to fix this issue.

    Resolution:
    [From Jerry:] I found an SI connecting the "Error: Failed during alephe relocation - drop user" with a "no listener" condition. I have created KB 16384-48723 for that.

    (I also created KB 16384-48722 and 16384-48724 for other SI's involving this error message.)

    In regard to the Listener problem....

    KB 16384-46018 has the solutions to 4 different cases of the message

    KB 16384-47682 is another case.


    [From site:] Thanks for your help. Our issue came down to multiple problems. Some of the ownership and group settings were not getting set correctly. (For some reason, aleph owned the files and they belonged to the dba group. I changed ownership to oracle.) Also, there was a discrepancy in the SID name between the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora file. Once those were set correctly, the rest of the installation went fine.


    • Article last edited: 4/16/2014